If you have an ice machine in your home, you count on that ice to be there every time you entertain guests. So, what happens when the machine decides to stop delivering? That’s when you connect with Mr. Appliance® for local ice machine repair service that’s quick, convenient, and high quality. Your ice cubes will soon be queuing up again.
About Our Ice Machine Services
When we hear “ice machine,” we think of either a portable or large, freestanding ice machine. That’s what we’re covering on this page. But if you need service for the ice maker in your refrigerator, don’t worry—we repair those too!
At Mr. Appliance, we’re familiar with many makes and models of ice machines, including the newer “smart” units. No matter what problem your appliance has—from clogged filters to leaks to failing controls—our experts will deliver the best ice machine repair service available in your neighborhood.
- Small, portable ice machine repair
- Large, freestanding ice machine repair
- Commercial ice machine repair
After diagnosing your ice machine’s issue, we’ll explain the recommended repair and provide an upfront price for it. Then we’ll source high-quality parts and quickly complete the job.
Ice Machine Brands We Commonly Service
- Magic Chef
- And more!
Parts for Ice Machines
We’ll replace any part of your ice machine, drawing from more than two decades of experience. These are some of the parts we commonly replace:
- Valves and lines
- Control modules
- Filtration systems
Expert Ice Machine Troubleshooting
These are some of the most common reasons our customers call us for ice machine repair services:
- The ice machine is not making ice. This common issue has several potential causes, including a failed control board, a faulty thermostat, or a clogged filter. Mr. Appliance will gladly diagnose your ice machine for you.
- The ice machine is not getting water. If you’re experiencing this conundrum, it’s likely due to a water pressure issue or a faulty valve. Let our experts take a look.
- The ice machine is slow or makes small cubes. Again, low water pressure could be causing this issue. Other potential culprits include damaged water lines or supply lines, which can cause the evaporator to freeze.
Because every ice machine problem has several possible causes, it’s typically most time-efficient and cost-efficient to address the problem by reaching out to a professional like your local Mr. Appliance.
Get Ice Machine Repair Near Me
Ready to get your ice machine back in operation? Let Mr. Appliance handle it with expertise, speed, and memorable customer service. Call us or schedule service online today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take an ice machine to make ice?
Portable and freestanding ice machines typically require 30 to 90 minutes to make ice. A small unit might only produce about 10 cubes in that time, while a large, commercial-grade unit could produce a whole bucketful. The amount of time it takes, and the amount of ice produced, varies widely by brand and model.
How to prevent slime in the ice machine:
The best way to prevent slimy moisture in an ice machine is to clean the unit at least once a week with a gentle sanitizer spray and a soft cloth. There are also auto-cleaning technologies that can be installed inside the appliance, which is more common in commercial applications.
- Ice Maker Not Making Ice? Here’s What to Do
- How Long Do Freezers Last?
- Why Is My Ice Maker So Slow, and Can I Fix It Myself?